Edwards Campus Students
1. After being admitted to KU, visit Access Online to apply for accommodations. After applying, you will receive a link via email that allows you to submit disability documentation to the Academic Achievement and Access Center (AAAC). Scan and upload your documentation for review. The front desk staff at the Student Services Center can help if you require assistance in scanning and uploading your documentation or if you have any other questions regarding the application process (913-897-8400).
2. Documentation will be reviewed and assigned to a specialist. Watch for an email confirming that your documentation has been reviewed and contact our office to schedule your initial appointment.
- If the accommodations needed are labor-intensive (e.g. accessible print, sign language interpreting/captioning, or involve housing or transportation) documentation should be submitted early, and the initial appointment scheduled well prior to the start of classes so that the AAAC has ample time to arrange for them.
- All other students should schedule an initial appointment after classes begin and bring copies of all syllabi to the appointment.
3. During your initial appointment, approved accommodations will be determined with your access specialist. The specialist will then guide you through the process of how to notify your instructors about your accommodations.
4. Students are then responsible for setting an office appointment with each instructor within a week to discuss her/his accommodations.
5. Note for classes located at Edwards Campus, you will need to contact Student Services for assistance with scheduling testing accommodations (rather than scheduling exams via Access Online).