AAAC Access Online is now LIVE for the Spring 2017 Semester
AAAC-Student Access Services is pleased to announce accommodation notification processes are now managed electronically through AAAC Access Online. The system has these efficiency features to expedite the accommodation processes:
- Rather than KU students presenting paper accommodation forms to their instructors for signature, accommodation notification forms will be sent to instructors electronically. Students are still encouraged to speak with their instructors regarding their accommodations and course expectations.
- Students will submit their requests for testing in the AAAC Testing Center through AAAC Access Online and instructors will be able to upload their exams through the secure faculty portal. Exams may be returned to instructors through the portal as well. Instructors may still deliver their exams to the AAAC office and have them returned in person.
- Instructors will have two methods for monitoring their students’ accommodation processes. One method will be in the form of email notification and the second is through a faculty portal, which may be accessed through the Instructor Login page found here: http://access.ku.edu.
- When instructors receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org, they will find an accommodation letter (example at the bottom of this page) indicating the name of the student, their accommodations, and in a red box, a request for the instructor to complete and submit an Alternative Testing Contract.
- For a step-by-step guide on how to use your instructor dashboard in Access Online, click here (pdf). For tips on how to manage your AAAC/SAS emails in Outlook, click here (pdf).
IF THE AAAC IS TO PROCTOR AN INSTRUCTOR’S EXAMS, IT IS IMPERATIVE THE INSTRUCTOR COMPLETE THIS CONTRACT OR THE TEST SCHEDULING SYSTEM WILL NOT FUNCTION.
- If the instructor manages their own accommodated exams they will check a box to confirm they will proctor their own exams.
- If an instructor does not administer exams in their course, they will not need to complete and submit the contract.
AAAC-Student Access Services staff members are offering to schedule time with departments and assist faculty in learning how to use the AAAC Access Online software. Contact AAAC at email@example.com or call 785-864-4064 and request assistance. Videos and updated instruction guides are in development and will be added to the AAAC-Student Access Services Faculty Center throughout the spring semester.
Again, we are excited to transition our accommodation notification processes to this new electronic format, and we hope you find them beneficial! Let us know if you have questions or concerns.
AAAC-Student Access Services
A few of our test emails have returned with a fraud protection alert; we are working with IT to resolve this issue. Please know email from firstname.lastname@example.org is legitimate.
The Faculty Center serves as a central hub designed to provide faculty with essential information about academic accommodations and services available for students with disabilities at the University of Kansas. Hopefully, it will assist in understanding the needs of students with disabilities and provide information about services, policies, and procedures. In addition, it can serve as a guide to assisting and integrating these students into the classroom so that they can have access to classroom instruction.